After we moved in silence


After we moved in music

we didn’t need to say

we were comfortable not to say



It was a silence where

we were in sound

we were in music

we were moving together



or I tried to be there

We were there

In our silence


Another time we loved each other

in silence

What is there to say



There is a way of speaking in silence

you are not saying anything

you are keeping the silence

with what you are saying


but what you are saying

and how you are saying

and how your eyes are saying

and how your mouth was saying


I know we were saying

I know we were moving in silence

I know silence is really love

I know love is silence

I know saying is not saying


In the poetry I say


Don’t mention it


In the poetry I say


Stop tracking with thought


In the poetry I say


I don’t want to feel I’m really there


and here is why


being alone in silence is writing

and being with you in silence is being with you



and what I want to do 

in silence

is to look forward to

being in silence with you



the way I am saying it

the act

that is the writing act

the act of embodying

no, the work

that is the writing work

the work of embodying


embodying


writing embodying


the work of embodying the act


the silent act


the act of looking forward



the silent work

the silent embodying

the silent act

the silent looking

forward to silence

from silence to silence


the rest is noise

what was that


the chatter in the poem from today

chatter and silence

poetry from silence


but what is your silence?

what hadn’t been said?


there is a silence

there is poetry

there is a silence


the poetry anticipates the silence

the poetry is mourning the silence


the silence is being with you

the silence is the poetry

no

the silence is not being with you


then there is poetry


there is the silence of being with you

then there is the silence of not being with you

then there is poetry


then there is the silence of not being with you

then there is the silence of being with you


then there is chatter

then there is poetry


can a silence overlap with a silence?

can a silence overlap with a sentence?